Saturday, March 24, 2007

9/10 Done...wow.

A little over a week left of our vegan experiment. It's amazing we lasted...but then again, I think both of us learned a lot. Jamie is still hanging tough, she just got a new awesome job and works all the time now. I will prod her into posting a fabulous story of willpower in the Midwest. Do it, Jamie. ;)

I got to experience the JOY of CHOCOLATE CAKE vegan style from Whole Foods the other night thanks to my fabulous friend who encourages this challenge rather than tempts me with steak. I appreciate that in a friend. I didn't take a photo because (as all food bloggers claim) I was too busy inhaling it. True. I hadn't had chocolate in that large of an amount since December. Wow.

Whatever I decide to incorporate back into my diet when April comes, it's going to be slow. My stomach might implode otherwise. Don't expect to see my lining up at the BBQ buffet anytime soon! :) If there's vegan chocolate cake in the world, I'll be ok.

3 comments:

L said...

so proud of both of you! :)

gauche caviar said...

jana, seriously. festival of cheese. pencil it in:)

Nicole said...

Aww, glad you have a supportive friend that brings you cake! :)