Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Home Stretch

Well well, as many of my beloved friends and cohorts have been pointing out, we are almost done with our 90 days. On a larger scale, that's creepy. It means that the year is one quarter done already. What have YOU been doing with your first quarter? Mmmmhmmm. Just kidding. :) I think my office mates are more antsy for me to be done than I ever will be. They keep inquiring, anyway.

Anyway, on Oscar night J1 was kind enough to have me over and provide dessert, so I provided pizza. I decided it was the time to try Austin's Pizza and their soy cheese pie...with artichokes. Not bad! Soy cheese is definitely it's own little beast of gooey meltedness...not very cheese-like, yet tasty nonetheless. J1 did opt for mozzarella on her's and I don't blame her for not joining in the soy test. :) However, my vegan-inspiration-friend J2 came to town last week, and about jumped for joy at the news of the soy cheese delivery. I will never take instant soy at my door for granted ever again.
"Crushed red pepper makes anything better." - JP

Otherwise...here is a shot of some tasty spaghetti squash with marinara and Morningstar Farms veggie crumbles. It approximated the texture of ground meat (maybe more like ground turkey) and tasted fine. I added some spinach in for texture. Because I can. I eat spinach at least once a day now, usually twice. Insert Popeye joke here.

Tis all for now. Happy SXSW week!

- Jana

No comments: